Sunday, May 8

UK Rehearsal - Worrying Times?

I was full of optimism in the run up to this years contest that my proud home nation, the good old United Kingdom, would do us proud and had in the back of my mind already started planning for the 2012 contest in London. Until I saw this....


Now this is what I call a buzz killer!

Blue took to the stage yesterday after a string of other nations had made stunning impression on the media and online fans the Eurovision Song contest 2011 in Dussledorf. But the reaction to Blue has been very negative. The UK remain third favorites with the bookmakers here and also are doing superbly well in the OGAE fan poll and will certainly be in a lot of peoples predictions for a top 5 placing but on this evidence much work needs to be done.

Lee Ryan and Anthony Costa are vocally awful here and the whole staging just looks wrong. The green is horribly bland and the pictures of the band members on the backgrounds is a massive letdown. I am terribly disappointed with this but hopefully the team will pull something together.

No comments: